Old 09 July 2020, 01:39   #1

Town: Oregon
Boat name: Charon
Make: Zodiac FC470
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 55MFE
New Achilles SU-18 Owner

Hi everyone. Just picked up a 2003 Achilles SU-18 in great condition for $1500. Aluminum floors, all tubes in good shape. Came with an anemic Evinrude Work Twin 25 that needs an impeller, but I wasn't concerned about the motor. I'll be adding a Yamaha 60 soon-ish. Time to break the boat down, deep clean, reassemble and see what's missing and/or needs replacing. It's in great shape. I think there's a small leak in the stbd rear chamber: holds air but softens overnight. Never deflates entirely. I'm used to Zodiac repairs, so I'm not worried about tracking it down and fixing it. This will be my backup SIB, as I'm also picking up an FC530 soon. I prefer the Zod valves and speed tube response, but this one became available locally and I couldn't resist.

Are there any other Achilles SU suers out there? Anything in particular I should look out for when breaking down/re-inflating? It came with a hand pump (not OEM) and the adapter seems to not be suited for the large valves on the SU series. I'm curious about the valves and inflation if anyone has any advice. Just got it a couple days ago, so I'm not yet diving into the guts of the thing. These are STURDY boats. I'm used to running MK Vs and FC470s (polar expedition work), and this feels every bit as bulletproof.

Anyway, happy to be here, and I look forward to learning a lot from you folks!

Cheers,
Kelly
Old 09 July 2020, 08:20   #2

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
welcome bud any pics of the boat good to see other makes