Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 27 August 2024, 09:11   #1

Town: Pakostane
Make: Joker Boat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Extreme seaworthy rib up to 5m

Hi guys! Im from Croatia and i am looking for a new or newer rib up to 5m. A have a Jokerboat 470 powered with a 50HP outboard and it is a dream for diving solo and handling even extreme weather conditions. However, my Joker rib is 24years old and I dont feel like investing in the old boat. I cant find something similar on the market. What would be your suggestions? Around 4.5 - 5m long, work boats that can handle swells with ease...

Thanks for your help!
Old 29 August 2024, 10:18   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Welcome to the forum.

It depends what you mean by extreme weather conditions. All 5m RIBs are ultimately limited by their size. That said - plenty examples of RIBs circumnavigating UK that fall into this class, including Harry Dywer in his (effectively rebuilt Avon 4.0m Searider) if you search on YouTube.

Anything to handle swell needs to have a deep V, so that should be on your list of priorities, probably jockey seat set up, hypalon tubeset, etc.

Not sure what the restrictions are for importing into Croatia - that will be based on your budget and local taxes. If it were me I'd include these in any search. I'm sure other forum members will add to this.

Ribcraft 4.8m - 75hp
Ribcraft 5.0m - 90hp
Avon Searider 4.7m (rare) - 5.6m
Ribquest 4.8m (pretty rare - but you never know)
Delta 5.5m
Old 30 August 2024, 07:44   #3

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
I've been throwing my Highfield into some pretty big seas and winds and she's coped really well.

A high bow, large tubes and double spray rail mean a pretty dry ride in most winds - I think, according to Google, this is an in country dealer?

https://www.highfieldcroatia.com/

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2024, 21:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
Welcome to the forum.

It depends what you mean by extreme weather conditions. All 5m RIBs are ultimately limited by their size. That said - plenty examples of RIBs circumnavigating UK that fall into this class, including Harry Dywer in his (effectively rebuilt Avon 4.0m Searider) if you search on YouTube.

Anything to handle swell needs to have a deep V, so that should be on your list of priorities, probably jockey seat set up, hypalon tubeset, etc.

Not sure what the restrictions are for importing into Croatia - that will be based on your budget and local taxes. If it were me I'd include these in any search. I'm sure other forum members will add to this.

Ribcraft 4.8m - 75hp
Ribcraft 5.0m - 90hp
Avon Searider 4.7m (rare) - 5.6m
Ribquest 4.8m (pretty rare - but you never know)
Delta 5.5m

Thanks Ill take a look! Anybody here driving a Humber 4.5 m rib?
Old 30 August 2024, 21:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerat View Post
I've been throwing my Highfield into some pretty big seas and winds and she's coped really well.

A high bow, large tubes and double spray rail mean a pretty dry ride in most winds - I think, according to Google, this is an in country dealer?

https://www.highfieldcroatia.com/
Hi treerat thanks, but I dont like the Highfields. I was on a 5m and something highfield and man that was a lousy and bumpy ride in the chop. Where I could stil plane with my joker the highfield was strugling over the waves so thats not for me

Tags
rib