Old 07 March 2007, 18:59   #1

Town: Thurso
Make: Gemini Zapcat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
Send a message via MSN to bobbyjoeufb
First Time Out This Year

Finally managed to get out on the water to try out my new Save Phace Mask and overall I am impressed. No more wind burn and watery eyes only down side as already stated on another thread is the water does not clear off the lens, will try with rain-x or equivilent on the next run. Will post a picture when I get hold of one.

As for the boat I decided to service the engine myself this year as trip to dealer will be 200miles round trip. It went really well and I was happy when it started was runing perfectly for about 45 mins untill I decided to grab some air of a set of large rollers. The engine started to lose power and I had to back off the throttle then back on to get it to run okay. I have had this problem since last year and hoped stripping and cleaning the carbs and servicing the engine would clear it. I will be putting new spark plugs in for the next run and if I get the time will also check the timing. Any other suggestions what could be causing this problem?

To top the day off got the boat back on the trailer and found one of the tanks had lost a lot of pressure which was strange cause it has been solid all winter so will be looking to see what has cause that.

Still we both had fun and it was good to be back on the water hoping to be out again next week If I can sort above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00778.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	25372   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00785.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	25373