Old 12 September 2004, 18:33   #1

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Jockey seats

Many of you will be familiar with the pair of jockey seats built by myself and Tim approx 18 months ago ,these have been thouroughly tested and are still like the day we built them.Of course we still have the mold and are possibly going to build a single one from it soon, what I am interested in finding out, if there would be enough interest amongst members for additional seats from our workshop.I have no accurate idea of cost per seat, our initial outlay was largley mold construction, etc, I am however confident that if there was enough interest I will talk to Tim about producing more from it, as I said we will be doing one soon for a friend, this will be an idea of the cost per seat, remember they can be produced with large access hatch for stowage, glassed to a reinforced marine ply base, cast as open for you to glass to your deck, or cast with an internal ply base to give a flush mount to the deck, either bolted tro or self tapped with sikaflex, tro the access hatch, I suppose these are the three options, we havnt done backrests, wont be doing upholstered seat tops unless very basic, ie rectangular and one color, stainless steel backrests although we havnt fitted, but have glassed in the additional laminations for the seat to take them, can either be made by a steel shop, or sourced elsewhere,This is just a feeler, whether we go further or not will really depend on interest , as I said I will talk to Tim regarding costs etc and producing the seats as cheaply but as strong as possible.Primarly I am only interested in the fibreglass product, backrests and seat tops will be up to the individual as requirements will differ, styles colour etc.

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....y+seat+project
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0031.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	8142   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0033.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	8143  

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2004, 19:30   #2

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Zulu
Make: Humber oceanpro
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75 Etec
MMSI: 235016713
Would be interested depending on cost - looking for two black single seat passenger jockey seats - I can arrange for upholsterying and back rest.

Hope the project is a success
Old 12 September 2004, 21:16   #3

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Cost

From what I can remember our cost was largely the mold, two attempts at construction, plaster, wood, etc then all ancileries, gas to heat the shed etc two pack paint, spraypaint finish etc etc, the actual seat costs at the time 18 months ago we probably built two seats for what one cost in Outhill .com again I will over the next peroid of time try to work out a cost of construction, we will know this soon however as we have one to build in white for a friend, I am if you like doing a little market research first

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote