Old 03 December 2006, 22:26   #1

Town: Glasgow
Make: Pacific 22
Length: 7m +
Engine: Diesel
New Owner

Please can any member help .I hav a Pacific 22 with no power steering in fact no steering at all wheel just spins have checked oil level at wheel its ok , does anybody have any ideas , the other problem is no power to outdrive leg it wont lift or lower , I have been told it is the relay at back off engine bay ? again any help or ideas would be much appreciated . Many Thanks Jim
Old 03 December 2006, 22:36   #2

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Be patient, I know just the person to help. Pete7 where are you!

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 December 2006, 15:36   #3

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman10 View Post
Please can any member help .I hav a Pacific 22 with no power steering in fact no steering at all wheel just spins have checked oil level at wheel its ok , does anybody have any ideas , the other problem is no power to outdrive leg it wont lift or lower , I have been told it is the relay at back off engine bay ? again any help or ideas would be much appreciated . Many Thanks Jim
Hopefully the boat is out of the water because I think you should bleed the steering system at the stern drive using the steering to pump fluid through the lines. If the trim doesn't work, above the gearbox is the trim pump and reservoir. I would try taking a 24 volt feed directly to the pump and see if it works. If it does there is a relay on the rear starboard side of the engine bay that should control the pump. Hopefully its the relay not the pump thats gone because they are not cheap. Lancing want £600 for a new pump, but we have seen Mercruiser pumps fitted in one P22 and my local hydraulic firm have something very similar on the shelf last time I was in there. I would try a motorfactors for a suitable relay rather than trying to find an original. However the sterndrive soleniod part number is 830822-GB24/2 and there are two on an original fit and one on a later fit.

Manual for the P22 is here:

http://www.polar-ribs.co.uk/

Pete
Old 06 December 2006, 05:00   #4

Town: Glasgow
Make: Pacific 22
Length: 7m +
Engine: Diesel
HI Pete
Many thanks for your advice , will try what you have recomended. Tha boat I have bought is old but sound I think the problems it has are caused because it has not been used for some time .But with a little T L C and no doubt some £££ it should be ok . Thanks again Jim