Old 04 February 2011, 16:59   #1

Town: newcastle upo tyne
Boat name: vyper1
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: outboard, petrol, 75
Re-painting 4.8m ribcraft

Hi,

is there anybody who has had a 4.8m ribcraft and re-painted the deck?? I've had to carry out some minor deck repairs having removed a few things and in turn needed to repaint the deck. But trying to find a paint/coating to match the existing is proving impossible. the deck as it exists can be described as a dark grey colour (i would call it cement [not concrete] grey, complete with a very rough texture, akin to a gritty texture. I tried international paints and Hempel but both offer only light grey colours. I contacted ribcraft who supplied me with a gel coat covering, but this is not a colour match nor has the same same textured finish-the gel coat being smooth, even when rolled on. I am now considering weather I can simply by a tin of white or black non slip flooring paint and add some pigment to colour. So, what I'm wanting to know is does has anybody had a similar experience and have they solved this problem and found a matching paint. bottom line is that I didn't want to have to re-paint the whole deck again, especially since I like the old colour, and with the colours I have found so far no really matching or bettering it. If anyone has ideas or advice I'd be please of the input.
Old 04 February 2011, 17:42   #2

Town: isles of scilly
Boat name: Still Miss behavin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250 suzuki
touched up my black deck on my ribcraft after filling a few nicks and screw holes....i used black board paint
Looks ok in honesty ..the non slip was already in the gel finish anyway
Old 05 February 2011, 16:06   #3

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
The non slip is a load of balls

stuck down to the deck. You can just paint flowcoat over this, but grey has a tendency to fade if left in sunlight, so a colour match may be difficult. You may end up painting the whole deck.
Old 06 February 2011, 12:25   #4

Town: newcastle upo tyne
Boat name: vyper1
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: outboard, petrol, 75
Thanks for the reponses folks. its looks like the patching idea is a non starter. I suppose I will have to use PLAN B, that is to paint the whole deck!