Old 29 June 2022, 21:37   #1

Town: Herefordshire
Rib sale season?!

Hi all,

I've been debating boats for over a year now and am getting to the point of making a rash decision. I'm back to ribs before I go and look for a sail boat.

Compared to last year, prices seem to have fallen off a cliff? Am I imagining it or has the state of the economy driven many to flog their boards?

Some prices seem too good to be true but others seem legit. Some. Nice boats and low hour engines for under £10k...
Old 29 June 2022, 22:09   #2

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Black Bear
Make: Ribeye A683
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
MMSI: 232039276
Depends what you're looking for. More information would be useful. Prices have definitely not started to drop significantly yet, but that doesn't mean they won't
Old 29 June 2022, 22:16   #3

I'm after something between 5-6m, greater than 60hp. The more kit the better. Humber, ribcraft, Avon,. I'm happy to do minor upgrades and tidying up, but would expect a solid Hull and good tubes. Up to £10k
Old 29 June 2022, 23:25   #4

If you're just getting into boating, look for a 5 metre RIB with 50-70 HP. Expect to pay 7-10K for something reasonable, but you're not going to get anything great. But, it will get you out on the water and will give you the experience to figure out if it's what you enjoy and what you want from a boat. You'll probably not lose anything on it either, especially if you upgrade and trade it in.
Old 29 June 2022, 23:34   #5

Look on RIBS for sale on here. Someone has just put an ad on for a boat that would totally suit your needs and they're in your neck of the woods. For transparency it is not connected to me. I've just seen it.
Old 30 June 2022, 06:24   #6

Well spotted! I've just found the same spec boat for £8k up north but have contacted the seller near me for further info on thiers.

I've had inflatables/ boats for years and am missing the water having not had a boat for over a year now...
Old 30 June 2022, 18:33   #7

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl13 View Post
Hi all,

I've been debating boats for over a year now and am getting to the point of making a rash decision. I'm back to ribs before I go and look for a sail boat.

Compared to last year, prices seem to have fallen off a cliff? Am I imagining it or has the state of the economy driven many to flog their boards?

Some prices seem too good to be true but others seem legit. Some. Nice boats and low hour engines for under £10k...
Market has definitely slowed recently & prices are dropping, how far is anyones guess but as things have slowed the days of things being snapped up within hours are fading. Be cautious of anything that sounds too good to be true but something will turn up to suit you and sellers are more likely to negotiate.
Old 30 June 2022, 18:36   #8

Thanks for that. I've been doing more research and it does seem there is a hefty variation. There appear to be a few who are in a massive rush to sell, others perhaps no hurry at all.

I wonder if its worth holding out for a humber destroyer over the H assault - the latter seemingky a wetter boat. Is that a fair comment?
Old 30 June 2022, 19:50   #9

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl13 View Post
Thanks for that. I've been doing more research and it does seem there is a hefty variation. There appear to be a few who are in a massive rush to sell, others perhaps no hurry at all.

I wonder if its worth holding out for a humber destroyer over the H assault - the latter seemingky a wetter boat. Is that a fair comment?
Probably best waiting for the boat that suits your needs & wants if you compromise to 'get on the water" you may regret it later quite often the ideal thing pops up a week after you made the compromise
Old 30 June 2022, 20:03   #10

Yes, I agree with that. I've got two youngish kids and I'd love for them to enjoy boating /sailing as much as me. I'd hate to put them off buying a piece of junk that isn't fit for purpose! But I am very impatient...!

Tags
rib, sale