Old 07 July 2022, 08:05   #21

Town: Falmouth
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 150F
I keep my RIB at home and just launch it as required. I live very close to Mylor where the 2 slipways are free to use. If I'm using it for a few days then I leave it on the visitors pontoon, I spend less in visitors fees (by a long way) than it would cost for a berth. I put the bench in as required, if I'm going fishing with a few friends I take it out to give more space. I've got a large workshop at home so just store it in there when not in the RIB.
Old 07 July 2022, 08:38   #22

Town: Malmesbury
Boat name: Wheres Dorris
Make: OCEAN
Length: 6m +
Engine: EVINRUDE ETEC 150 G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster100 View Post
Hi,

I had a similar dilemma, wanted a 585 over a 6.8 but the option of additional seating. I purchased a 585 with 4 permanent jockey seats then had a local fabricator make a removable rear seat that I upholstered. It's quick to install/remove and attaches to the A'Frame and 3 permanent feat on the deck. The compromise was to fit the bench as far aft as possible which does give room between the aft jockeys and bench, the downside is I have to drop the backrest to fully tilt the engine. It's not that often I have more than 4 onboard so not a problem for me (engine can be fully trimmed up though with the backrest up). In terms of weight distribution, yes, it does make it stern heavy but then I've had 7 adults onboard (3 on rear bench) and the Yam 150 does get it up on the plane, hole shot compromised but hey, with 7 onboard I'm not racing and will happily cruise at over 25kts.

Attachment 141038

Attachment 141039

Attachment 141040

Attachment 141041

I really like your setup, that is exactly the sort of thing I am planning for mine.

A quick question for you on fixing to the deck. What have you done so you don’t leave holes in the deck which can get water into the floor timber when it’s out?

Toby
Old 07 July 2022, 08:56   #23

Town: Falmouth
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Yam 150F
Hi Toby,
If you look in the 4th picture of my original post, you'll see the base of the leg is in 2 parts, a 5mm top plate which is welded to the leg upright and a 10mm baseplate. The baseplate has 2 countersunk self tappers into the deck and is also bonded down with Sikaflex. The top plate is then bolted with the 2 allen head bolts into the baseplate. As the baseplate is only 10mm it doesn't get in the way when the seat is out.
Old 07 July 2022, 12:52   #24

Town: Malmesbury
Boat name: Wheres Dorris
Make: OCEAN
Length: 6m +
Engine: EVINRUDE ETEC 150 G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster100 View Post
Hi Toby,
If you look in the 4th picture of my original post, you'll see the base of the leg is in 2 parts, a 5mm top plate which is welded to the leg upright and a 10mm baseplate. The baseplate has 2 countersunk self tappers into the deck and is also bonded down with Sikaflex. The top plate is then bolted with the 2 allen head bolts into the baseplate. As the baseplate is only 10mm it doesn't get in the way when the seat is out.
Got it, thank you.
Old 13 May 2024, 21:51   #25

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: Seatown Girl
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Well, to revive a thread, we have a new to us Ribcraft 5.85. Not off to the best of starts with the trailer axle breaking less than 100 meters from the yard it was stored in but overall it is a great package being the Sport model from late 2010. Picked up a fresh trailer with working brakes today and plan to recover it back to our house later this week. We have a berth in Sutton marina earmarked and will be on the hunt for a Tetradock or similar now.

Will no doubt call upon the expertise here in time to come. Photo attached is of the harbour master helping bring the wounded boat and trailer back to the yard for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4165.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	144978  
Old 21 May 2024, 21:48   #26

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: Seatown Girl
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Now moved down to Plymouth as a day boat to our main boat. Had some fun over the weekend and will be having a dock delivered tomorrow which will enable the all over cover to be fitted again. After many hours of cleaning, sourcing a new trailer and selling the old trailer all in a week I’m glad to have that behind me and using the rib now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4471.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	145025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4465.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	145026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4459.jpg
Views:	32