Old 12 November 2003, 10:38   #1

Town: London
Boat name: Easy Elsie
Make: J Craft
Length: 6m +
Engine: 175bhp Evinrude ETEC
The Danube

I work in Belgrade for much of the time and I am thinking of doing a Belgrade-Budapest-Bratislava-Vienna journey next year with my boat. Has anyone got any info on Danube charts, speed restrictions, customs issues....you know the sort of things. I would be grateful for any advice available.[COLOR=blue]I work in Belgrade for much of the time and I am thinking of doing a Belgrade-Budapest-Bratislava-Vienna journey next year with my boat. Has anyone got any info on Danube charts, speed restrictions, customs issues....you know the sort of things. I would be grateful for any advice available.

TH
Old 12 November 2003, 19:06   #2

Town: Cork
Boat name: Iago
Make: Cobra
Length: 5.8
Engine: Mariner 90 4-stroke
I hope you don't mind me saying, but with an occupation such as yours, it's no doubt that you retire to the water.

I hope you find some useful information here. The only place I have ever seen such detail on European waterways are in boating magazines. For example, Motor Boat Monthly (MBM) have done articles on the canals through France during the past summer. They might have some searchable back catalogue. Have a search around http://www.motorboatsmonthly.co.uk/mbm/home.htm