Old 07 March 2006, 09:06   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shiver
Make: Zodiac Medline II
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
what am i forgetting??.

My new rib is due to begin build in the next few weeks and i'm stuck a million miles away on the other side of the world!, Having a mad panic about what i could be forgetting. All the ectronics are sorted Raymarine A65 + Raymarine VHF. I think i'll fit the radio/cd player myself probaly clarion, how easy will that be??. Basically got all the equipment from my other rib and its bigger sister. I'm just thinking am i forgetting something at this stage, i need to speak to the builder about instrument layout etc... . Already specced an extra battery. If anyone's been through this recently and can think of anything obvious, it would be great to put my mind at rest.

Thanks.
Old 07 March 2006, 09:18   #2

Town: Nottingham
Length: no boat
RIBase
if you can't see the boat, an it's a custom build, ask them for all the distances. Console to tube edge, seat to console, seat to seat, etc. Then try to imagine if those gaps are big enough to move round the boat or whatever.

The last boat i ordered had quite a long seat pitch (console to seat) which meant anyone under about 6' couldn't have driven sitting down! Only spotted it when we sat in another boat.

just my 2p

andy
Old 07 March 2006, 09:34   #3

Re:

Its not a custom build, more mass production. Its a Zodiac Medline II, highly specced, all boxes ticked and no expense spaired extra wise. So i want to try and get it perfect. For all those wondering and to put you in the picture, choice of boat was based on the fact that its primary use will be going from port ( majority of the time-St Tropez) to the beach clubs of Pampelonne and maybe day tripping to Cannes/Nice/Ile de Lerins and also to be used as a tender. Hence the choice. Not a hardcore ribber just yet!!.
Old 07 March 2006, 09:55   #4

Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegria
. For all those wondering and to put you in the picture, choice of boat was based on the fact that its primary use will be going from port ( majority of the time-St Tropez) to the beach clubs of Pampelonne and maybe day tripping to Cannes/Nice/Ile de Lerins and also to be used as a tender.
don't forget somewhere to put your suncream
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 March 2006, 22:39   #5

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Do they have a tick box on the order form to exchange the awfull deck chair upholstery for something nicer !!!
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 March 2006, 06:48   #6

Re:

I think for what i'll use it for, the colour scheme will be perfect. The fabric also means it will be easy to wash. Obviously this isn't a hardcore rib, and it isn't a main boat either so its not likely to be up to the standard of some forumites on here.Although i'm already thinking about my next rib- Cougar R10 Sport, thats the aim!.