Old 09 November 2023, 19:40   #1

Length: 6m +
Winter Storage

Hey guys, looking to see what everyone does when storing their RIB outside for winter.

I’m packing my XS600 away at the end of November until March next year. It’s stored outside on the trailer. In previous years I’ve stripped all of the soft furnishing off and kept that at home in the dry. Boat is then washed, let to dry and stored undercover with all the kit taken off. Engine is all sorted as is fuel.

It keeps pretty dry but I’m thinking this year about adding something under the cover to reduce the possibility of any moisture. I’ve been looking at shipping container desiccant bags but not sure it’s worth it or even if it would so anything.

Curious to see what everyone’s annual pack up
Looks like.
Old 09 November 2023, 21:05   #2
RIBnet admin team

Length: 4m +
Sounds like you are well set. If you have desiccant bags, maybe pop them into the console to keep electronics dry (cover vents). Some covers can be pretty tight but won't be airtight to allow artificial drying to work. Check that you have ventilation up high in the cover - maybe add a couple of clamshell vents if you don't. Battery out or put on trickle charge. If the axle loads are high, consider blocks...?