Old Today, 08:23   #1

Town: Athlone
Boat name: Dor II
Make: XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard Merc 150efi
XS 750 or XS 850?

Hi,
I am going to trade up my 2014 XS 680/150hp and want to go up to the next size up, the 2.9m beam range. There are two boats I have narrowed it down to, and indeed the owner of XS is refreshing as always to chat with about this.

2006 XS 850, two owners known to me, minded like a baby indoors in its own shed. 300hp L6 Verado engine. Nice demo boat spec, Proper A-frame, seating for 6 behind a double console. Original radar, chart plotter, no AIS. Never anti fouled, generally like new.

2018 XS 750, one yacht team owner unknown to me, 300hp L6 Verado. 430hrs, with no A-Frame just a rear towing post, seating for 4 behind a double console. Original Garmin chartplotter, no radar, no AIS. Suspension seats x2. Copper coat anti fouled.

The opinions I've got so far vary from the 2006 boat being an end-of-life boat, to the 2006 boat having the capability of a £90k boat and at some point will need tubes, but at that point it's right up there with a new one in it's capability. There is a little bit of prestige to the 850 locally, it was a real Celtic Tiger boat over here. Then you think about the 750, being 12 years newer with no issues expected with tubes, easier to tow, lighter, modern colours, suspension seats and less weight.

I don't need a bigger boat, the 680 I have will do 98% of the things I want, but I'd like to try something else. I plan to have access to a 5.8m Tornado Twin 2 Stroke with 60's for something small on the lake. So having access to a smaller boat for fun stuff, or for launcing in tighter places is covered off.